CBN History

Timeline

Jul 22
1899

1899

A group of nuns,’The Sisters of the Holy Infant Jesus’, who were Mother St. Andre, St. Sabine and Sr. Madeline..Read More

Jul 22
1901

1901

The school was shifted to Brickfields as the total number of students increased to 80. Esq. Goh Ah Gee bought..Read More

Jul 22
1902

1902

Student population grew to 114. Subjects taught were Essay Writing, Sewing, Physical Education, Music, and Art

Jul 22
1903

1903

A Music test was conducted and Health Education was taught as a new subject. The textbooks used were provided by..Read More

Jul 22

1907

Rev. Mother St Augustine became Headmistress

Jul 22

1909

The first Cambridge class to take the Junior Cambridge examinations. Miss Dottie and Miss Chew Lian were the first students..Read More

Jul 22

1911

Due to the occurrence of frequent floods in the area, the school was moved to the current location ie Bukit..Read More

Jul 22
1914

1914

The hall and chapel were built.

Jul 22

1923

Rev. Mother Adele became Headmistress.

Jul 22
1924

1924

The Form 3 block was completed.

Jul 22
1925

1925

The first Malaysian teacher, Miss Sobreen was hired. She was the daughter of philanthropist Loke Chow Kit.

Jul 22
1931

1931

The school curriculum increased with the addition of subjects such as English language, Literature, Geometry, Algebra, Bible Knowledge and French.

Jul 22
1941

1941

During WWII, Malaya fell to the hands of the Japanese Occupation. Even though the school was often interrupted, all the..Read More

Jul 22
1945

1945

After the Japanese Occupation, Rev. Mother Adele returned CBN to its original stage with the help of the British Military..Read More

Jul 22
1947

1947

The Nazareth Building, formerly the house of the Chief Justice was obtained from the Government.

Jul 22
1951

1951

Rev Mother Pauline became Headmistress. She introduced Physical Education to the school. Students were then allowed to wear bloomers during..Read More

Jul 22
1953

1953

Science classes were introduced.

Jul 22
1957

1957

Rev Mother Xavier became Headmistress. The Art Hall and the laboratories were built. Economics classes were introduced.

Jul 22
1958

1958

The Primary school and Secondary school were separated.

Jul 22
1961

1961

Form 6 classes began

Jul 22
1963

1963

The Form 4 block was built

Jul 22
1965

1965

Rev Mother Aidan became Headmistress. The Four Houses were founded. They took the names of the current and previous Headmistress...Read More

Jul 22
1966

1966

Rev Mother St. Brede became Headmistress.

Jul 22
1968

1968

Students were required to join and be active in extra-curriculum activities.

Jul 22

1973

The school PTA was established.

Jul 22
1976

1976

Mrs. Chee Phui Lay became the school’s first Principal. The Counselling Program was started by Sr. Anne.

Jul 22
1979

1979

Mrs. Indrani Manuel became Principal. The school office was shifted to the Upper Secondary Region

Jul 22
1982

1982

All studies were conducted in the Malay Language henceforth.

Jul 22
1984

1984

The Facade’ was painted to commemorate the school’s 85th anniversary.

Jul 22
1993

1993

Mrs. Indrani Manuel retired. Mrs. Vimala Matthews replaced her as Principal.

Jul 22
1999

1999

The School Band was founded. Mrs. Vimala Matthews retired. Mrs. Alice George became Principal. The school, both primary and secondary..Read More

Jul 22
2004

2004

Mrs. Alice George retired. Mrs. Ann Khoo became the principal.

Jul 22
2010

2010

Mrs. Ann Khoo retired. Mrs. Mysterical Ros Fernandez became the principal.

Jul 22
2014

2014

CBN celebrates Mrs. Mysterical Ros Fernandez retirement. Mrs. Nirmala S.S. Nathan replaced her as Principal.

May 18
2017

2017

CBN celebrates Mrs. Nirmala S.S. Nathan’s retirement. Mrs. Rosemand A. Lawrence replaced her as Principal.