PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
CBN Alumni (“Association”) respects the privacy of individuals and recognises the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect, process and disclose your personal data. We are also committed to adhering to the provisions and principles of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. As such, this Personal Data Protection Statement is to assist you in understanding how the Association collect, use and/or disclose your personal data.
We will collect, use, and disclose your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). The Act establishes a data protection law that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure, and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
FOR ALUMNI GENERALLY
To comply with its contractual, statutory, and management obligations and responsibilities, the Association is required to process personal data relating to its alumni. All such data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Act and the relevant Association’s rules and policies, including those on data protection, as may be amended from time to time.
The purposes listed below serve only to supplement and clarify the matter, without limiting, superseding, or supplanting any express or implied terms in the above-mentioned documents:
- Processing application(s) for memberships, scholarships, co-curricular activities, alumni programmes, which may include use of personal data for development and fund-raising activities and disclosure of personal data to donors, grantors, external evaluators and/or external organisations for purposes of periodic reports, event invitations, surveys and/or publicity of Association related programmes;
- For publicity purposes, including but not limited to event related activities, photography, videography, social media postings, and webpage postings;
- For the purpose of Office of Alumni Relations’ administration & verification of students’ status;
- Responding to requests for information from government or public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities or non-government agencies authorised to carry out specific Government services or duties;
- Engaging alumni including but not limited to notification on Association and alumni-related initiatives and activities, invitation to Association and alumni-related events, updating of alumni information, invitation to participate in alumni surveys and sending of communication collaterals;
- Carrying out market-related, evaluative or similar research and analysis for Association’s operational strategy and policy planning purposes;
- Outreach and engagement to garner support and resources for Association, its community and affiliated institutions;
- Taking of photographs and/or videos (whether by Association staff or third-party photographers and/or videographers) during events or seminars organised by Association or its affiliates for publicity purposes;
- For operational, fulfilment, and marketing purposes for “Publications” add ons. Association will pass on the necessary fields to the respective companies to enable them to fulfil the orders accordingly. Fields will be limited to First and Last Name, Email Address, Mobile Number (for follow up on fulfilment only), and Mailing Address (for mailing of printed publications only)
- For the processing of your membership benefits through our third-party vendor(s)
- any other purposes not related to those listed above which Association may inform you of in writing from time to time, but for which Association will seek your separate consent.
SOURCE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data was obtained from you directly, either from the following sources or from any other information you provided, and this may include:
- Sign Up Form;
- Various type of Application and/or Registration Forms;
- All other Alumni and/or support services related Request Forms
In some cases, your personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not limited to the following:
- Personal data which may be collected from cookies through the use of CBN Alumni website;
- Personal data which are available in the public domain
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
This Policy may be reviewed and amended from time to time. We will communicate such changes along with the updated Policy on the website: https://www.cbnalumni.org or other appropriate communication means as may determine by CBN Alumni. Users are advised to visit the website on a regular basis to check for any updates and changes on this Notice.
CONTACT THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER:
Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.