CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR A PANEL OF PROFESSIONALS TO DEVELOP SCOPE OF WORK FOR REPAIR OF CONVENT BUKIT NANAS SCHOOL BUILDINGS
Convent Bukit Nanas Primary school is approaching 124 years old this year and the Secondary School is close to 78 years old. The buildings are ageing and require comprehensive repairs to ensure the safe use of the buildings for the years to come. The IJS Sisters who own the buildings of the Convent Bukit Nanas and the Board of Governors of the school are embarking on this repair and rehabilitation project and would like the support of the CBN Alumni Association members.
On their behalf, we would like to invite volunteers from the alumni to form a five person panel of experts who will develop a scope of work that will form the basis to invite companies to tender for the works.
The panel of experts may be registered/chartered professional
- Quantity Surveyors
- Project Managers
The panel of experts will be required to conduct a walk-through tour of the secondary and primary schools to obtain a first-hand perspective of the condition of the school which will inform the scope of work to be.
- List all issues observed including building structure, foundation, roofing, flooring, windows, doors, pillars, toilets, plumbing, drainage, slopes, electrical load and safety, lightning grounding, slope, etc.
- Organise building and insitu infrastructure issues in order of priority ranging from immediate action to cosmetic repairs.
- Establish parameters for each issue e.g. Painting – sq ft surface area; Drainage – length of drain; etc
- Indicate market costing for the parameters described to provide an estimate budget for planning purposes.
- Draft a scope of work fit for a tender exercise. The panel shall advise if the works shall be tendered as a turnkey exercise or to be tendered in smaller packages.
Volunteers are requested to submit their CVs by February 22nd, 2023. Shortlisted experts will be notified and interviewed at the 1st week of March.
The panel of expert is expected to be formulated and convened by early March and a scope of work produced by the end of March.
The experts (including their family members and related companies) are prohibited from participating in the tender bid for the repair and rehabilitation works.
Submission of CV